ATTENTION: The forum and blog here at enkord.com are closed. We have moved to a separated website:

www.totemtribe.com - Totem Tribe II: Jotun official website

Original Totem Tribe and Totem Tribe Gold forums moved there as well. This page here is kept for archive purpose. Please go to the website above if you want to ask something or discuss Totem Tribe games.
Enkord.com
Enkord.com
HOME, Game news, Updates, Releases DOWNLOAD, Game downloads, Order games PLAY ONLINE, Free web games, Online games HELP, FAQ, Support
Go Back   Enkord.com > Forums > Totem Tribe 2 / Search

Old 05-08-2011, 01:49 PM

My daughter and I have played this game together a lot. I'm a long-time RTS player and she's just about to turn six, so I think it's fair to say that we're basically the top and bottom of your customer demographic. This game is a rare gem in the gaming world in that it manages to be appealing to an entire range of ages. Well done on that, Enkord.

My thoughts on the possibilities for Totem Tribe 2:

1) Agreeing with a suggestion already been made, it would be great if there was a mode of play where the puzzles were easier or even bypassed. My daughter LOVES to play this game, but even though she can remember the sequences to most of the puzzles she still doesn't grasp the bigger picture puzzles (pyramids being a prime example). The mechanics of building the base, finding items, etc. are good for younger kids, but several of the puzzles are simply beyond them.

2) If you move development to a more RTS-oriented design, allowing unit groups and specialization/segregation of the army would be great.

3) If you plan to stick with the same formula and keep this game as a "RTS-lite", at least make some changes to unit attribute balances. Scouts should move quite a bit faster than the rest of the units. (Or maybe put a "fast-forward" button on there.) Units from the Cave of Trials should be a little stronger but a little slower. Would be really nice if Witch Doctors had a second ability of some kind.

4) Add a new unit to be trained at the temple (perhaps only one from each) to allow for mobile spell charging (switching back to base to charge a spell during battle was annoying).

5) Add/change the Hint system. It's fine what is there for the jewel hints, but perhaps the puzzles could have them too. Click the "help on this puzzle" once and get a vague hint, click it again to get a more specific hint, and click it a third time for a very detailed hint which explains the goal completely. This could be a suitable alternate solution to the suggestion #1, but it would require reading and comprehension of the hints (which for young kids would be good practice).

That's my humble suggestions. I loved the look of the first screenshot you're developing. It looks like we'll be in for quite a visual treat when this project finishes up.
Old 05-13-2011, 12:46 PM

Maybe I'm just being picky, but some of my tribe members are idiots. I've never seen so many people who are completely unable to figure out how to walk around a building. When I'm fighting a giant squid, I need my reinforcements to be rushing into battle rather than running around like chickens with their heads cut off trying to figure out how to get around a tent.
Old 05-15-2011, 05:55 PM

Hear Hear Maniacal Zebra!
Old 05-24-2011, 08:48 AM

Default Thinking about allies

wish there will be new allies that can aid in combat on very hard battles whom the it means an AI partner for the so called the good tribes like the ones TTGOLD the hawk and the wolverine tribe can be allied and fight together like wolverine is AI and hawk are controlled bt the player
Old 05-24-2011, 09:18 AM

Default yeah as i read the other comments id like to add some more of my suggestions

could there be possible if ther are more designated flags of each villager or the peoplewho fight and the scouts and make some more like heroes of which is called the captain of each war dwelling like a higher shaman and so called the follower shamans like that i really like the idea offlying but not with the dragons cause in the first game its the enemy so could there be a part where they can travel back to the lost ages where there where dinasaurs (sorry if the spelling is wrong) whichwas the flying dinasaurs . and exactly and also make a campaign battle and normal battle so if we finished the game, we can like battle with some AI's tribe like some of the other games if u know wat i mean haha i like totem tribe a lot. i want to suggest also if we have to make our own hero i think we also have an enemy heroe's like they can challenge us in battle to test our strenghts. and i think a good idea is to have a special hut for reviving a hero for a given time for if u upgrade the special hut it takes less of the time. and absolutely almost forgot about money in the game wish there will be no more limited training for the workers we can buy them i a big HUT DWELLING to limit the spaces for use if also can also be with the other buildings.and thats wish of luck on creating the game hope it will be very good also and much happier with the other games
Old 05-24-2011, 06:19 PM

Oh, and a wide screen option. It's probably not feasible to add to the graphics, but black bars on the sides would keep it from being stretched out. I use a 24" wide screen 1920x1080 TV as a monitor, so we're talking about a lot of stretching.
Old 05-26-2011, 07:11 PM
Administrator

Your monitor should have options abot how to deal with non-native resolutions, either to stretch or leave black bars, but yeah, TT2 will support more resolutions including hi-res and wide-screen.
Old 05-26-2011, 10:22 PM

It's just that it's so much easier to set the screen on a game once than try and keep a list of all of the resolutions for every game and have to keep switching back and forth every time. Different games work best on a variety of resolutions. Some are massively stretched and out of range on full screen and microscopic in windowed mode. I'm glad you're adding something that will let me set it once and forget it.
Old 07-07-2011, 07:59 PM

Juuust one more thing. I've screwed up the potion on Blueberry Island a number of times because of the purple berry, which is actually pink. I see that it wants a purple berry and click the blue, because the blue looks more purple than the pink. The "purple" island on Shark Archipelago is also has a pink crystal. To avoid confusion in the future, it would be best to have purple be purple and pink be pink.
Old 08-06-2011, 05:00 PM

someone may have already mentioned this but rather than wade through all the suggestions, i'll add mine here.

there needs to be an "opt out" feature on some of the puzzles. e.g. the pixilated pictures on TTG - unfortunately, many of us (just read the posts) got extremely frustrated and quit the game OR skipped to the next island but weren't able to get some of the items you get by solving the puzzles.

in most other games, there is always an opt out feature without losing the experience gained/items awarded etc. perhaps you make the opt out feature an earned item...the first few islands you need to accomplish an simpler task and the more you accomplish the more "opt out" priviledges you have.

i love this game - but i am, along with many others, just aren't that good at a lot of the puzzles. it's sad that we get penalized in the game because we can't complete them.