ATTENTION: The forum and blog here at enkord.com are closed. We have moved to a separated website:

www.totemtribe.com - Totem Tribe II: Jotun official website

Original Totem Tribe and Totem Tribe Gold forums moved there as well. This page here is kept for archive purpose. Please go to the website above if you want to ask something or discuss Totem Tribe games.
Enkord.com
Enkord.com
HOME, Game news, Updates, Releases DOWNLOAD, Game downloads, Order games PLAY ONLINE, Free web games, Online games HELP, FAQ, Support
Go Back   Enkord.com > Forums > Totem Tribe 2 / Search

Old 10-08-2012, 12:37 AM

Default Question/thought regarding the shop for preminum items

I looked at the most recent blog and when I saw the preminum items stuff, I had a thought, I hope you guys don't go the way of 'freeminum' apps where you have to buy stuff (usually gold or bucks or whatever the preminum currency is in that game) at prices like 1 dollar or something and we have to buy lots of them.

I'm just saying because this preminum shop sounds a lot like the 'freeminum' concept that pervades mobile apps and I don't want to have to pay real money for the preminum stuff.

Also, they'd better be stuff that you can easily play without since 'freeminum' apps tend to force you to have to buy preminum currency in order to actually do much, or go faster, etc.

I'm not against the idea of a preminum shop, I'm just saying don't go the path of 'freeminum' apps.

Last edited by smjjames; 10-08-2012 at 12:39 AM.
Old 10-08-2012, 06:24 AM
Administrator

I am not sure if I understood you correctly, but since the game will be free, naturally we need a way to earn the money from it to be profitable, otherwise the development of the game makes no sence - we have our families to feed, you know.

Therefore there will be a shop with premium stuff that will help you to progress in the game more easily. Most of the stuff in that shop will be available as some stage of the game for free anyway. This way by using premium shop you just buying your time if your time is valuable (you are working or spending time with kids and can only spend so much time for games and want to maximize your fun during that). On the other hand, if you have a lot of time to spend (kid / retired person) you can easily skip the shop and play entirely for free. I think this system is better cause this way if you can't afford the game, you can still complete the full game unlike original Totem Tribe when you can only play few levels before paying for it.

Of course some developers exploit this system to the extreme by making the game tedious and boring without premium items. This is not what we intend to do - we will make sure Totem Tribe 2 will be fun even when you play for free and extremely fun when you spend some cash on it.
Old 10-08-2012, 03:22 PM

What I'm trying to say is that try not to almost extort people into paying for preminum stuff, either with high priced stuff or limitations on how far you can go. I'm mostly thinking about the apps which are facebook based and you have to pay in whatever the games preminum currency is to speed things up (of which there are many out there).

Then again, I don't even know what you would have in your preminum shop and the only reference that I have are the 'freeminum' (it's a term meaning it's free, but you have to pay for some stuff) apps.

However, as long as you keep to the idea of not even needing to use the shop if you don't have to or don't want to (like in your example), you guys should be fine

Last edited by smjjames; 10-08-2012 at 03:26 PM.