ATTENTION: The forum and blog here at enkord.com are closed. We have moved to a separated website:

www.totemtribe.com - Totem Tribe II: Jotun official website

Original Totem Tribe and Totem Tribe Gold forums moved there as well. This page here is kept for archive purpose. Please go to the website above if you want to ask something or discuss Totem Tribe games.
Enkord.com
Enkord.com
HOME, Game news, Updates, Releases DOWNLOAD, Game downloads, Order games PLAY ONLINE, Free web games, Online games HELP, FAQ, Support
Go Back   Enkord.com > Blogs > berserker / Search
Rating: 10 votes, 5.00 average.

Totem Tribe II: Jotun official website will be deployed next week

Posted 06-15-2013 at 08:10 AM by berserker

We managed to put together official website for TT2 which will be available at www.totemtribe.com
We will be deploying it next week and after extensive testing will make it available live to everyone. Hopefully testing won't take too much time and website will be available next week too.

You might ask why it took us so long to setup a basic website where there are a lot of website engines and frameworks available, both commercial and free ones. The answer is, because website is built around the game itself and with launching it we are launching part of the game as well (the technical part that handles accounts, registrations, logins, etc.) and website is basically a superstructure on top of Totem Tribe 2 account server.

Thus, this post is one of the last blog posts here, future news will be posted on the new website, and forums will be moved as well.
Posted in News
Views 36578 Comments 36 Edit Tags
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 36

Comments

1. Old
    Maybe the testing is taking longer than they thought it would? I don't know if they work weekends, so they could mean a weeks worth of weekdays, so maybe Monday?

Hopefully soon anyway.
  2. Old
    This week was crazy - fixed so many bugs, but unfortunately it took longer than expected. It's kinda risky to release it on weekend, cause if something goes wrong, I need people to fix it ASAP, and on weekend it is not always possible.
  3. Old
    The database is already migrated from this forum though, so all your accounts and messages are already there!
  4. Old
    I want to see it nooooooooooooooooooooow - lol. This waiting is excrutiating Berserker.
  5. Old
    Hopefully is will be soon.
    Waiting is so hard!!
  6. Old
    Well, it's gotta be released this week hopefully

Also, just a thought, shouldn't the URL be totemtribe2.com? Given that the project is TT2.
  7. Old
    official url will be totemtribe.com, totemtribe2.com is also allowed, but will redirect to totemtribe.com
  8. Old
    Will the site still use vBulletin 3.8.2?
  9. Old
    This has been a long-awaited treat .. you have taught my family (all of us totem tribe fans) just how much time and work goes into game creation. Thanks for all of it! We will keep checking back for game launch.
  10. Old
    @ Ves31996: I hope not, they do need a better forum system IMO, and definetly one that is good at keeping out spambots.
  11. Old
    The site has forums and it is all build on top of the game itself. It's an in-house solution, that's why it took so much time. Slapping 3rd-party system like vBulletin is actually not that hard, the problem comes when you want to integrate it with the game to have shared account. I find it extremely inconvenient, when you have to register again on forums after you already registered in the game. It also inconvenient for users, cause it's not clear to find people who post on forums in the game.

With our current solution you will have same account, same protraits, same people both in the game an on forums, and everything else will be shared - friend list, etc. When you add someone to ignore list, you will ignore him/her both in the game and on forums. That might sound like a minor feature, but good experience is build from such small nice touches.
  12. Old
    I like the idea of an ignore button. Will there be a pause button, lets say we are away for a few days and have no internet access (I don't have a smart phone), it would be handy to pause the game to stop our villages being attacked while we're not around?
  13. Old
    For that cases there will be an ability to assign proxy. You will be able to provide limited access to your account to other player you trust and she will be able to manage your country while you are away.
  14. Old
    "@Totem Tribe II: Jotun official website will be deployed next week

Posted by berserker at 06-15-2013 04:10 AM"

when start? 06-26-2013 now
  15. Old
    @berserker

That's cool, I can accept that, and I agree, the little features are nice. I just love the vBulletin interface is all, but no big sweat.
  16. Old
    The game is not responding at all you ok?