ATTENTION: The forum and blog here at enkord.com are closed. We have moved to a separated website:

www.totemtribe.com - Totem Tribe II: Jotun official website

Original Totem Tribe and Totem Tribe Gold forums moved there as well. This page here is kept for archive purpose. Please go to the website above if you want to ask something or discuss Totem Tribe games.
Enkord.com
Enkord.com
HOME, Game news, Updates, Releases DOWNLOAD, Game downloads, Order games PLAY ONLINE, Free web games, Online games HELP, FAQ, Support
Go Back   Enkord.com > Blogs > berserker / Search
Rating: 11 votes, 5.00 average.

Palisade and Walls

Posted 05-23-2013 at 12:57 PM by berserker
While I am busy preparing new webiste for launch, the rest of our team is fixing holes in our feature list, and one of them is the Walls.

Since this time around defense will be more important matter, we decided it might be cool to add more defensive structures. Aside from defensive towers you will also have this upgradeable palisade.

Like any other building you will be able to improve it with upgrades. Upgrades will make your wall/palisade look more impressive too.
Posted in News
Views 35181 Comments 31 Edit Tags
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 31

Comments

1. Old
    Excellent idea, berserker.
  2. Old
    Thanks for the invite to both twitter and facebook. What a pity I don't use either!
    Posted 05-28-2013 at 10:20 AM by
  3. Old
    I am going to try and get it finished today and all of the posts will have a link back to here with a
    ..."if you havent played Totem Tribe yet why not download the trial version available from the game developers over at Enkord.com", to try and get some traffic to your site
  4. Old
    The solution with partial news is better, because you are providing the hook. When reader is interested in the news, he might want to know the rest of it, that's why I like twitter for promotional purpose - you are obligated to go to the referred site to read the full news.

Facebook on the contrary is the internet within internet, if we don't provide the hooks leading to our site, it will be very uneffective in terms of promotion, as the readers will have no need to go outside of Facebook if they can consume whole news right away.

Providing the same link at the end of each post could be annoying as well, that's why I say it is better to post partial news. Even if you just leave a sentence or paragraph, it will be fine, because the original website still provides more information and there is incentive to visit it.

This way users will be used to visiting website to consume more content, instead of just staying on facebook where they can have all of that too.

People are lazy, and they have to be motivated as much as possible
  5. Old
    These smart walls are definetly a cool concept.

I have a question regarding the towers, how easy will they be to rebuild on a new spot along the wall as your town/city grows? Sure you could leave the towers among the buildings for another line of defense, but they go best along the wall.
  6. Old
    In Totem Tribe 2 it will be enough to just have them. Unlike TT1 in TT2 you stick with same town for a long time and we decided to make the towers covering whole town, regradless where you place them to save players from rebuilding them as their town grows.
  7. Old
    What about adding some minigames which have diffirent ways to play? Examples: A Plants vs Zombies-likes game, or first person shooter game? It would be very fun.
    Posted 06-01-2013 at 08:20 AM by MrDoraemon1996 MrDoraemon1996 is offline
    Updated 06-03-2013 at 01:41 AM by MrDoraemon1996
  8. Old
    MrDoraemon1996,
    Well I don't think it's a good idea with a strategy and adventure type game.
  9. Old
    I agree with fireball on that. You'd want to defend the towers you have in your town anyway if it's under attack and I don't see them adding some FPS minigame.
  10. Old
    No! These minigames will be separate from the main stories, which means you can play it at anytime without making any changes to your villages and main quests.
    Posted 06-03-2013 at 01:40 AM by MrDoraemon1996 MrDoraemon1996 is offline
  11. Old
    I know that the minigames will be seperate from the game but it will be boring, suppose there's a minigame like building many towers and fighting against a army of spirits. but that same thing we are gonna do in the main stories too! it doesn't suit a adventure and strategy type game it only suits a shooting type or a simple arcade game ex-plant vs zombies
    Updated 06-03-2013 at 03:22 AM by fireball1471