ATTENTION: The forum and blog here at are closed. We have moved to a separated website: - Totem Tribe II: Jotun official website

Original Totem Tribe and Totem Tribe Gold forums moved there as well. This page here is kept for archive purpose. Please go to the website above if you want to ask something or discuss Totem Tribe games.
HOME, Game news, Updates, Releases DOWNLOAD, Game downloads, Order games PLAY ONLINE, Free web games, Online games HELP, FAQ, Support
Go Back > Blogs > berserker / Search
Rating: 7 votes, 4.57 average.

New art style

Posted 09-27-2011 at 07:07 AM by berserker
We decided our existing art style wasn't bad, but definitely could have some improvement, so we took some time and worked on it. Here is what we got:

Top image is our old Totem Tribe 2 art style which you have seen on past screenshots and bottom image is retouched one. Let us know which one you like more.
Posted in News
Views 6651 Comments 11 Edit Tags
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 11

1. Old
    very nice, any ideas when in 2012 you might start beta?
  2. Old
    The highlights and shadowing on the bottom image give it a much crisper look. Love it
  3. Old
    Yep like the 2nd one the best, your all wonderful. Love your games. Get on FB will ya?
  4. Old
    I see that there are difference's like shadows and shaders between the to images. Are those going to be graphical settings or its just the final design?
  5. Old
    It's final design. Our games use pre-rendered art so they don't need hi-end graphics card to run it.
  6. Old
    I know there's a difference, but I'm not fussed either way. I like them both.
    Posted 09-30-2011 at 10:17 AM by
  7. Old
    na3na3, first one was ok too, but we felt sometimes houses were blending together with background making it harder to distinguish. We know that a lot of our players are from the older demographic so their eyes might be not like it used to be. Being realized that, we had another take on art to make buildings more distinct and standout comparing to background. Therefore it would be more comfortable to play a long sessions
  8. Old
    It's beautiful. The second (bottom) is much easier to distinguish. Simply gorgeous. Getting so excited for the game! Feel like a child waiting for simply can't get here fast enough!
  9. Old
    I am so excited about Totems 2.............. I love these games so much..........To be honest I took a few days off work, (claiming flu) to play. When is the game coming out? I like the bottom PIC for sure.
  10. Old
    berserker....hide some gems in there and we will see if they are easier to find
  11. Old
    The second definitely gives the images more depth. Well done.