PDA

View Full Version : Tt 2 when????

bridge
04-28-2012, 02:19 AM
OK.. make all the changes you want using all the suggestions would be crazy but I did kinda like the one about the ability to FLY! cuz I love it when my scouts could swim!

I really need an island to be identifiable... a name sign/banner something! (old memory not so good!)

and it would be great if research and building could be done at the same time and I really hate the battles so a choice to NOT battle would be neat.. and I hate beetles....the big one reminds me of cockroaches.. not good!

Last one.. I would like the battle flag to be more than one...
Thanks
PS when will we get more of TT 2?

berserker
04-29-2012, 07:51 PM
We are commited to release public beta this year. Let's hope we will be able to make it.

nikkil
05-02-2012, 02:46 AM
+1. Waiting on this. https://imagicon.info/cat/14-22/vbulletin-smile.gif

Littlepal16
06-18-2012, 07:34 AM
You've got a good thing going here with Totem Tribe I, don't miss the boat with getting out Totem Tribe 2. For an 83 yr old great grandma, I have played #1 over and over and just enjoy it tremendously! Get on the ball, fellows!!! Produce! Littlepal16

Bee921
07-06-2012, 04:29 PM
You've got a good thing going here with Totem Tribe I, don't miss the boat with getting out Totem Tribe 2. For an 83 yr old great grandma, I have played #1 over and over and just enjoy it tremendously! Get on the ball, fellows!!! Produce! Littlepal16

I'm only 68, but totally agree! I check here every day.

jackidance
02-22-2013, 02:57 PM
When??????????????????????????//

jackidance
02-22-2013, 02:59 PM
I AGREE
IT IS TAKING WAY TOO LONG!!!
I'M A 76 YEAR OLD GREAT GRANDMOM
YEARS DON'T MATTER....RESULTS DO

I WISH THEY WOULD GET ON WITH IT!!!!!!!!!!!

We could have enjoyed playing TWO updates by now.

berserker
02-22-2013, 06:25 PM
Sorry, unfortunately we were unable to open public access to the game in 2012, but we've made an internal testing and outlined the list of things we need to do, before we will let people in. This news post explains it in detail:

http://www.enkord.com/forum/blog.php?b=282

BABSKSIB
03-02-2013, 09:28 PM
I'm a 60 yr old grandmother and I love TT, too!
SO what's up with all that? Does this game only appeal to us geriatric folks? :rolleyes: LOL
btw - i'm patiently waiting,,,,, and waiting,,,, and waiting.

froglady
03-10-2013, 03:47 AM
I'm also a seasoned gamer (female, as well). I've been reading the news posts with increasing anxiety and depression. Please say it isn't so. Please tell me that TTII isn't a Massively Multiplayer Online Game that includes Player vs Player elements. Please tell me that I'll be able to play even though the only way I can get internet is through a 250MB per 24 hour metered satellite connection. Please tell me that I won't have to sign on and compete with young men with deep pockets who will spend $1000 like nothing to see their names on the "leaderboards". Please tell me that I won't lose everything to some marauder who plays 8 hours a day and robs me on a daily basis while I'm at work or sleeping. Please tell me that there is a storyline with a goal and a definite ending I can work toward, and that this won't go on for years in open beta, becoming a huge spider of cobbled-together quests released a few times a year to keep the audience interested.
I fear that you guys may have missed out your most avid fans. 40+ females seem to dominate the TT fanbase, and the MMOG "freemium" model appeals mainly to 20-something males. I hope I'm wrong, because you have obviously put a lot of time and money into this. I just hope you can manage to court enough of a player base to make it work.

berserker
03-10-2013, 03:06 PM
froglady,
I do understand your concerns and will try to refute some of them.
Indeed Totem Tribe 2 could be called MMOG (Massively Multiplayer Online Game), but it will be a very different MMOG - it Totem Tribe way. We do understand that a lot of older casual players play it and don't need all that stress that highly competitive online games might bring.

I will try to answer your concerns one by one now.

Please tell me that I'll be able to play even though the only way I can get internet is through a 250MB per 24 hour metered satellite connection.

Yes, past the initial download (and occasional updates), the actual gaming does not require a lot of bandwidth. Once the game is downloaded, 250MB per day should be enough.

Please tell me that I won't have to sign on and compete with young men with deep pockets who will spend $1000 like nothing to see their names on the "leaderboards".

If you don't want to - you wont. Like I mentioned earlier in some news post, you will be able to select between two modes (we call them polities) for your country. One is casual that has greatly increased defenses (but limited offense) making you uninteresting target for attack from other players. This way those people who pick it will be able to play peacefully and at the calm pace.

Please tell me that I won't lose everything to some marauder who plays 8 hours a day and robs me on a daily basis while I'm at work or sleeping.

That casual mode I mentioned also protects your storage, so that only resources over 50% of total storage size can be plundered. Adding up highly increased defenses it will probably won't be worth it to loose troops that have cost to train in order to maybe plunder something. Also there will be items that will protect your country from all attacked for a limited time, so you can use them while you sleep.
We do not want the game to become 24/7 babysitting nightmate, don't worry.

Please tell me that there is a storyline with a goal and a definite ending I can work toward, and that this won't go on for years in open beta, becoming a huge spider of cobbled-together quests released a few times a year to keep the audience interested.

Definitely there will be much better story than in original game and clear ending (in fact at least 6 completely different endings so you can pick the one you like better and work towards it). You can just ignore the MMO part and play towards story ending just like in original Totem Tribe.
I can't promise all endings and even complete story right away, as the story is planned really huge and some people can't wait that long (us too :) ) so we will release the game incomplete and will be adding story levels, endings, and other features through regular updates.

I fear that you guys may have missed out your most avid fans. 40+ females seem to dominate the TT fanbase, and the MMOG "freemium" model appeals mainly to 20-something males. I hope I'm wrong, because you have obviously put a lot of time and money into this. I just hope you can manage to court enough of a player base to make it work.

Don't worry, we have no doubt about TT1 fanbase demographic. The problem is time goes and gaming evolves like everything else and at this moment only going online and making the game "freemium" is the way to make this game and pay the bills. But the MMOG is just a genre, it does not have to be hardcore RPG aimed at young male kids. We, the developers have mothers too and we will try to make this game accessible enough so they will be able to enjoy it as well :)

pekeus
03-16-2013, 03:34 PM
making the game "freemium" is the way to make this game and pay the bills.

Thanks. I just do hope that we get to see that happen some time soon. https://imagicon.info/cat/14-22/vbulletin-smile.gif

rosepi
04-03-2013, 01:16 AM
:) can't wait... hope it comes out soon

MeGa_DiSaArMeD
04-10-2013, 02:58 PM
Im excited too :D

just noticed now

udivegirl
05-03-2013, 04:03 PM
I'm also a seasoned gamer (female, as well). I've been reading the news posts with increasing anxiety and depression. Please say it isn't so. Please tell me that TTII isn't a Massively Multiplayer Online Game that includes Player vs Player elements. Please tell me that I'll be able to play even though the only way I can get internet is through a 250MB per 24 hour metered satellite connection. Please tell me that I won't have to sign on and compete with young men with deep pockets who will spend $1000 like nothing to see their names on the "leaderboards". Please tell me that I won't lose everything to some marauder who plays 8 hours a day and robs me on a daily basis while I'm at work or sleeping. Please tell me that there is a storyline with a goal and a definite ending I can work toward, and that this won't go on for years in open beta, becoming a huge spider of cobbled-together quests released a few times a year to keep the audience interested.

I couldn't have said it better myself. My thoughts exactly! We shall see.

Looking forward to the release!

Enkord
05-13-2013, 05:27 PM

I totally agree with this. I love Totem Tribe en I don't want to play with (or against) other players. I just don't. I don't play 24/7 because I have a job and a social life. I don't want half my village and resources gone if I don't play for a few days. I sure hope I fall in love with Totem Tribe 2 as I did with Totem Tribe ;)

p.s. English is not my first language, so please excuse any mistakes.

patwal
05-20-2013, 07:45 PM

Adding my voice to Froglady's - and I'm 64

North Star
06-14-2013, 05:43 PM
Adding my voice to Froglady's - and I'm 64

Same here. To be honest, after reading how TT2 is going to work, I'm not sure I want to play it. Part of the charm of TT was you could play at your own pace, and not have to compete against others. Correct me if I'm wrong, but what they're saying is even if you go with the defensive mode, you can still have items stolen from you? And, even though I'm playing defensive mode, I still have to play against other players?

Sorry, but I don't know if I will be playing Totem Tribe 2. :(